Disruptium is a vision founded by three highly motivated & high-achieving diverse leaders for aspiring founders, early-stage ventures, and investors, born out of solving the emerging needs of the startup ecosystem. The platform aspires to
be a one-stop solution for the up and coming start-up ecosystem, by uprooting the inherent challenges of the nascent stage and fledgling companies, including mentorship, making it fundable and funding it, product-market fit, team resources,
and everything zero-to-one. Job Description for the Role of Business Analyst About the Role: We are looking for a highly passionate, analytically-driven team member to help support data-driven decision-making. Reporting into the Finance &
Business Operations Manager, the role will underline key financial business processes and assist the department in driving growth and profitability, at a scale few businesses have ever achieved. To succeed in this role, you must have strong
financial modeling skills, as well as problem-solving and analytical skills. You will be expected to be a self-starter with a positive attitude and we’re looking for someone comfortable with proposing solutions in a fast-paced environment.
As a Business Analyst, responsibilities include but are not limited to
• Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for a business
• Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
• Contribute to end-to-end financial strategy-led projects, from supporting the preparation of project briefs to modeling of impacts
• Assist in the preparation of materials for monthly business reviews and quarterly reporting to Leadership
• Planning: Serve as a stakeholder in the development of the territory’s annual operating budget and quarterly forecasts
• Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
• Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
• Reporting: Provide visibility, governance, and timely reporting of financials and key performance indicators (KPIs)
• Portfolio optimization: Run analysis and modeling to support capital spend, ROI, operational efficiency, revenue growth, and profitability
• Strategic Analysis: Support asset-specific analyses (e.g. asset performance reviews, new asset underwriting, portfolio optimization, pricing reviews, etc.)
• Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
• Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
• Managing projects, developing project plans, and monitoring performance.
• Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
• Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements. Qualifications:
• A bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an MBA.
• A minimum of 2 years of experience in business analysis or a related field.
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
• A perfectionist who strives for accuracy and gives attention to detail in all aspects of the role
• Experience defining analytical/research projects, analyzing data, and modeling
• Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once
• Resourceful and relentless. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations
• Highly Innovative problem solver: possessing strong modeling, multi-tasking, and demonstrating ability to meet aggressive deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and communicate findings in a clear, concise format
• Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint or Google Suit