Finance and Accounts Manager
Disruptium is a vision founded by three highly motivated & high-achieving diverse leaders for aspiring founders, early-stage ventures, and investors, born out of solving the emerging needs of the startup ecosystem. The platform aspires to
be a one-stop solution for the up and coming start-up ecosystem, by uprooting the inherent challenges of the nascent stage and fledgling companies, including mentorship, making it fundable and funding it, product-market fit, team resources,
and everything zero-to-one.
Job Description for the Role of Finance and Accounts Manager
About the Role:
Finance & Business Operations will measure and track KPIs and financial metrics that support strategic decision-making. You will balance multiple projects at once and partner with various operating and analytic groups. The ideal candidate is analytical, motivated, resourceful, and eager to dive into the data. To succeed in this role, you must have strong leadership, communications, and relationships skills as well as strong problem solving and analytical skills. You will have significant autonomy, so we’re looking for good judgment and experience working cross-functionally and at all levels.
As a Finance and Accounts Head, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
• Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual corporate financial controls audit
• Planning: Support in the development of the territory’s annual operating plan, budgeting, forecasting, and review.
• Reporting: Deliver timely reporting of financials and key performance indicators (KPIs).
• Analytics: Perform asset-specific analyses (e.g. asset performance reviews, new asset underwriting, portfolio optimization, pricing, etc.) to drive business improvements at the the direction of the Territory Finance Leader and represent him/her when absent. Collaborate across the organization, especially with our analytics team
• Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Keeping accurate records pertaining to inventory and account notes.
• Plan, organize and execute financial tasks and projects of the organization.
• Make estimates of funds required for the short and long-term financial objectives of the organization.
• Understand and calculate the risk involved in the financial activities of the organization.
• MBA in Finance, Economics, or other courses of study
• 3+ years of experience in FP&A and/or Strategic Finance equivalent functions; experience in analytically-driven roles is a plus (i.e. Investment Banking, Consulting, Analytics, etc.).
• A strategic thinker with excellent business judgment
• Experience defining analytical/research projects, analyzing data, modeling, and generating practical insights and recommendations.
• Highly motivated and willing to take on multiple responsibilities at once.
• Resourceful and relentless. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources, and delivering results in challenging situations.
• Highly Innovative problem solver: possessing strong interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational, and project planning skills, and demonstrating the ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to deal with complex problems and present recommendations and findings in a clear, concise format.
• Quick and scrappy learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done, combines creativity, problem-solving skills, and a can-do attitude to overcome any obstacle